Aug 18, 2011

“Nag-driving ka na ba sa mga bayan sa baybay..?” part 1

Have you heard or watch the new domestic tourism advocacy music video from the Department of Tourism? It was a remake of the famous “Biyahe Tayo” that was released in 2004 from DOT, Bonamine and some 21 OPM artists to encourage locals to visit parts of the country more often. It was a success indeed.  I myself have been inspired by that song. Ever since I heard that song, I memorized the lyrics with all my heart (including the rap part of Francis M..;) ). It inspired me to know more about the town where I came from. It encouraged me to share what I know to people through social networking sites and word of mouth. It helped me believe that there’s more to the country than corruption and bad politics.
Here’s the first video that I was talking about. The Original “Biyahe Tayo”...


Now here’s the remake and improved version of the original:



The “Pilipinas, tara na!” which was launched last week in cooperation with Perceptions, Inc., Smart Communications, and the 57 OPM artists is I think the best thing the DOT can do to continue the WOW Philippines of former DOT Sec. Gordon. What I love about this new song is how Rico Blanco and Mike Villegas (the composer) incorporated the new lyrics to the old one especially the “Nag driving ka na ba sa mga bayan sa baybay...” because where I came from is a “bayan sa baybay”. Though the lyrics continued to “...ng buong Laguna De Bay tuloy-tuloy sa Tagaytay”, it’s just so perfect because Laguna (as I studied there) and Tagaytay (the nearest popular tourist spot near Nasugbu) always have that special place in my heart. I’m just wondering, since they said that this is just version 1 of 3, if the “Bulkang Taal” and “Lechong Balayan” be included in the next 2 versions as it was in the original. This makes me more exited for the next 2 versions. Kudos to DOT and to former DOT Secretary Alberto Lim for continuing the tradition. Pilipinas, Tara na!

Note: Video credits goes to the uploader on youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment